I have completed the first 16 weeks of the course. I found the contents of the course have made me adjust my teaching by including more collaborative work for students. I have found that when I learn new things, sometimes it makes me question whether I have actually discussed ideas with students. Sometimes I take the time to discuss collaboration with students just to make it clear to them as it has become clearer for myself. I already share the workload at staff meetings and everyone takes a turn at presenting, but I need to think about bring people together to collaborate on science so that everyone takes away new learning.
Overall, the course has made me inquire into my own practice and whether what I thought was the correct way of doing things was actually the best. There are also many things that I am already doing and I have adjusted what I do to improve teaching and learning.
No comments:
Post a Comment