Friday, March 31, 2017

Teacher Inquiry Mindlab

Collecting Data and EvidenceThis week focuses on the different methods you can use to collect data and evidence during your inquiry project.
Learning Objectives
  • Understand the importance of collecting data and using this as evidence during an inquiry project
  • Become familiar with the different types of data you could collect
  • Decide on the types of data collection methods you will use in your inquiry project
Practising Teacher Criteria12(i). Systematically and critically engage with evidence and professional literature to reflect on and refine practice
12(ii). Respond professionally to feedback from members of their learning community
Learning Objectives
  • Recognise the components and steps that are involved in designing an inquiry project
  • Know how to design your own inquiry project
  • Understand how to involve your chosen community(s) in your project design
Practising Teacher Criteria12(i). Systematically and critically engage with evidence and professional literature to reflect on and refine practice
12(ii). Respond professionally to feedback from members of their learning community
12(iii). Critically examine their own beliefs, including cultural beliefs, and how they impact on their professional practice and the achievement of ākonga
I joined the webinar and found that there was more to this inquiry than I first thought. However, it dis allow me to think about the question in relation to the literature review that we just completed. I think that our focus can be around boys' writing in year 5 as this is the group that is hardest to shift. I think doing a questionnaire with the boys will also help. The PD I did yesterday with the literacy progressions gave me good questions to ask so the two fit nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment