Friday, April 21, 2017

End of Term Reflections

This has been a rollercoaster ride of a term. Camp in weeks 7 and 8 made for a busy first half trying to organise things for the camp. Since it was the first time going to this particular camp and because the parents were worried as there were a number of water activities like rafting and tubing on the river, I felt the first 8 weeks were intense. Since I pretty much organised the camp all by myself, I felt responsible for al classes and did not rest until the last class had returned.

I have not been able to do as much science as I would have liked. The camp took up most of my time, plus setting up a new class at the beginning of the year. I did get the student group up and running and we will make sure there is science in the playground next term. The middles are doing really well with the monarch butterfly project so that helps to keep science happening in the school. I guess I could say that by encouraging another teacher to take the lead helps to take the pressure off me. This year I have not had any release for science so that does not help when I am already snowed under with other things.

Mindlab has been pretty full on as well. We have kept up but I'm glad we are working as a group. It helps to bounce ideas off each other. This finishes at the end of term 2 (11 July).

Additionally, I have been applying for jobs and have had two interviews this term, one of which I got. So now in the middle of next term I will be teaching at an intermediate school, a level which I have been wanting to teach at for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment