Week 17 OverviewThis week is focused on understanding the roles that research can play in education. It introduces the concept of education research and outlines various types of research in education.
You will also be exploring the principles of Kaupapa Maori and how they relate to research in education. You’ll find all the content from the Class Notes -tab.
Relating Practising Teacher Criteria
12(i). Systematically and critically engage with evidence and professional literature to reflect on and refine practice
12(iii). Critically examine their own beliefs, including cultural beliefs, and how they impact on their professional practice and the achievement of ākonga
Week 18
Using Research as a Practitioner: Finding Relevant ResourcesThis week is focused on understanding how to search for and locate educational research and how to critically interpret and evaluate research reports and findings.
Learning Objectives
- Understand the different types and formats of education research
- Know how to search for and locate education research
- Develop skills to interpret and critically evaluate research
Practising Teacher Criteria
12(i). systematically and critically engage with evidence and professional literature to reflect on and refine practice.
Week 20
Week 20
Practising Teacher Criteria9(ii). select teaching approaches, resources, technologies and learning and assessment activities that are inclusive and effective for diverse ākonga
9(iii). modify teaching approaches to address the needs of individuals and groups of ākongaThe first week that I worked on my own (with the two in my group) and away from the Wednesday meetings and support that Mindlab offered was initially a relief. However, it was very easy to forget to do the tasks for the week and as I am so busy at school, the time flew by and before I knew it, another week had passed. We met regularly and most of our meeting were about getting the assessments done. Every time we finished another assessment, we were really relieved but we couldn't relax as there was yet another assessment to be completed. As time has passed, I am wondering if I really want to continue with more post graduate studies when this finishes...I'm not sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment